Commercial Ice Machine Repair
L & R Air Conditioning and Refrigeration can get your ice machine for your restaurant or bar up and running quickly, so you don’t have any downtime, and you keep your customers happy.
We Service All Brands
Our refrigeration technicians work with a wide variety of ice machine brands, including:
- Arctic Air
- and more!
Troubleshooting your Ice Machine
These are some of the most common reasons a commercial ice machine may malfunction:
- Low water flow. The water supply may have an issue, or the water supply line may be clogged.
- Water leaking into the machine. Usually caused by a leaky inlet valve. Can cause the ice cubes to become oversized, resulting in freeze up of ice production.
- Room temperature is too warm. The production of ice is determined by water supply and air temperature. Some ice machines will shut down if the room temperature remains above 100° F for an extended period of time.
- Water supply is too warm. Water more than 90° F will cause the ice cycle timer to trip. Sometimes another appliance, like a dishwasher, pumps warm water into the cold water supply line.
- Clogged water filter. This can cause undersized ice cubes, or cause ice production to stop altogether.